Chicago is a bustling city – with plenty of traffic to back this statement up – and car accidents often happen. A car accident that’s caused by another motorist’s negligence can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure regarding what to do next. Your claim is far too important, however, not to have an experienced Chicago car accident lawyer help you with that.
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, you’re likely to experience significant emotional, physical, and financial damages, including:
- Medical Expenses – You’ve been injured by someone else’s carelessness, and now you have to watch your medical bills pile up. These can range from emergency treatment and hospitalization through surgery and aftercare to rehabilitation, physical therapy, prescription medications, and much more.
- Lost Wages – You have been injured, and this likely translates to lost wages, which can be difficult to overcome. If you’ve been seriously injured, you could face decreased earnings into your future.
- Pain and Suffering – The emotional and physical pain and suffering associated with a serious car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence can be difficult to overstate and should be carefully addressed in your car accident claim.
Obtaining just compensation for every category of damages that applies is critical to your ability to fully recover.
The Insurance Company
Your accident claim will process through the at-fault party’s insurance company, and while you may be tempted to allow the insurance company to do what it’s paid to do, this approach is rarely advisable. The fact is that the insurance company is invested in maximizing its profits, which often means minimizing settlement offers by whatever means necessary. The following tactics are just a few that many insurance companies employ:
- Offering a Speedy Settlement Offer – If the insurance company is hitting the issue head-on from the outset and immediately offers you a settlement offer, there’s likely a catch involved. In fact, they may know something you don’t (such as that you’ll likely experience related secondary health concerns in your future). Don’t accept a settlement offer before you’ve taken the time to address the matter carefully with an experienced car accident lawyer.
- Delaying the Process – Sometimes, an insurance company will simply draw out the claims process in an attempt to frustrate your efforts and leave you more inclined to accept whatever offer comes your way – or to give up completely.
- Overly Complicating the Process – The insurance company may make the claims process so overly complicated and/or convoluted that it’s easier to walk away in exasperation than it is to keep going.
Your dedicated Chicago accident lawyer knows how to handle the insurance company involved – and how to skillfully negotiate for terms that uphold your rights and support your recovery.
Experienced Chicago Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
If another driver leaves you or someone you love injured in a car accident, the experienced Chicago car accident lawyers at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., are well prepared to craft your strongest claim in support of its most favorable resolution. We’re on your side, so please do not hesitate to contact us for more information today.