If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, you are probably at a loss regarding how best to proceed. While you may know of a lawyer that did your house closing, or represented you in a traffic case, or wrote you a will, it is important to hire a lawyer that has a focused auto accident practice. Some other attorneys will not file a lawsuit on your case. Some attorneys have never tried a case in front of a jury. We have settled cases with almost every single insurance company writing liability policies in Illinois. We have tried cases against many of those same insurance companies. They know us and they respect us.
When you hire our firm, your dedicated Chicago car accident attorney will skillfully advocate for your rights and for your rightful compensation throughout the claims process – and beyond, if bringing a lawsuit becomes necessary. When you have questions, you won’t get shuffled off to a paralegal or a secretary. We promise to take the time to explain things to you, advocate for you, and do everything possible to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Every car accident is completely unique to the specific circumstances involved. Further, while driver negligence can come in many different forms, there are several types of negligence that are closely associated with car accidents, including:
- Distraction – Distracted driving is becoming an ever more dangerous and prevalent form of driver negligence. Our utter devotion to our smartphones has not only increased the level of driver distraction exponentially but has also made driver distractions that much riskier. When a driver is interacting with a smartphone, that driver’s thoughts and vision are both engaged – but there’s also a good chance that the driver is using his or her hands to navigate the phone. In other words, it’s a recipe for disaster. Distracted drivers put us all at risk.
- Excessive Speed – Speed plays a role in many traffic accidents. You likely learned it during driver’s education, and it remains just as true today – speed kills. Drivers who speed excessively put everyone with whom they share the road at an increased risk of being injured. Further, one’s speed can be excessive even if it’s below the posted speed limit. Every driver must take the condition of the road – including the adverse effects of excessive wear and/or of inclement weather – into consideration when determining a safe driving speed.
- Impairment – Drinking and driving can be a deadly combination. Intoxicated drivers endanger everyone on our roads. In fact, alcohol plays a significant role in many traffic fatalities.
- Exhaustion – You know that exhaustion impairs your ability to get things done, and this includes driving safely. There is no safe place for drowsy drivers on our road, as they might have impairments that mimic drunk driving.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers let impatience with traffic and slower vehicles escalate into unlawful driving behaviors. While the hallmark of aggressive driving is excessive speed, aggressive drivers tend to engage in multiple dangerous practices – such as tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic – during any given outing.
Don’t Put off Consulting with an Experienced Chicago Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured by another driver’s negligence, the dedicated Chicago car accident attorneys at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., are committed to applying their considerable experience and resources in their ongoing effort to obtain your case’s most favorable resolution. Our legal team cares about you and your case, so please do not hesitate to contact us for more information today.