What Should I Know About Work Zone Accidents in Illinois?

What Should I Know About Work Zone Accidents in Illinois?

What Should I Know About Work Zone Accidents in Illinois?

Every year, hundreds of lives are lost in work zone accidents across the United States. In Illinois, a state known for its constant road construction, the risk is particularly high. The consequences of these accidents can be devastating, often leaving victims with severe injuries and families traumatized. Understanding the causes, consequences, and legal implications of work zone accidents is crucial for anyone who travels through these areas. At Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., we advocate for those who have been injured in auto accidents. We are here to provide the guidance you need as you seek compensation for your suffering. Contact our attorneys to receive legal advice pertaining to your case.

The Reality of Work Zone Accidents

Roadwork is a common sight in Northern Illinois, with significant federal and state funds allocated for roadway repairs and expansion. As a result, motorists, construction companies, and highway maintenance workers must take necessary precautions to limit the risk of accidents. Despite these precautions, work zone collisions remain a significant problem.

The Federal Highway Administration estimates that approximately two percent of all motor vehicle fatalities occur within active highway work zones. A staggering 80% of these fatalities are drivers and passengers, with the remaining 20% being pedestrians and workers.

Causes of Work Zone Accidents

Work zone accidents can happen for various reasons, but distracted driving, speeding, and impaired driving are among the most common causes. Failure to observe posted signs and signals, or misjudging the speed of other vehicles, can also lead to accidents.

Seeking Compensation for Work Zone Injuries

If you or a loved one has been injured in a work zone accident, it is essential to understand your rights. Illinois law allows victims of such accidents to seek compensation for their injuries if they can prove that another party’s negligence caused the accident. This can include motorists, truck companies, construction companies, and even government entities.

At Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We have a track record of helping victims recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs.

Wrongful Death Claims in Work Zone Accidents

In the unfortunate event that a work zone accident leads to a fatality, surviving family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. This can provide financial compensation for economic and intangible losses, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of love, comfort, companionship, and consortium.

Protecting Your Rights with Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd.

Work zone accidents can have life-altering consequences. At Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., we are committed to fighting for the rights of accident victims and their families. Our attorneys have significant experience handling legal issues related to work zone accidents, and we promise to treat you with respect, keep you informed, and advise you on the best course of action every step of the way.

If you or a loved one has been affected by a work zone accident in Illinois, do not hesitate to contact us. Let us help protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve.

If you have been injured in a personal injury or work-related accident, do not hesitate to contact our office at (312) 332-5400

Schedule a free consultation

Would you like one of our attorneys to call you for a free consultation? Submit your information below.

Attorney Advertising. This information is designed for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Past results and testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case, and should not be construed as such. Past results cannot guarantee future performance. Any result in a single case is not meant to create an expectation of similar results in future matters because each case involves many different factors, therefore, results will differ on a case-by-case basis. By providing certain contact information herein, you are expressly authorizing the recipient of this message to contact you via the methods of communication provided.

NUVEW | Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved | Accessibility Notice | Privacy Policy