Chicago is a great city that has a lot to offer, but with all the culture, business opportunities, great food, and good times come heavy traffic, and with heavy traffic comes dangerous traffic accidents. Traffic accidents come in far too many varieties, but the one thing that they all have in common is that they are universally dangerous. If another motorist’s negligence causes you to be injured in a traffic accident, an experienced traffic accident attorney in Chicago can help.
Common Kinds of Traffic Accidents
While no two traffic accidents are ever identical, some of the most common kinds of traffic accidents include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bike accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and other rideshare accidents
Whatever kind of traffic accident leaves you injured, however, the path forward toward recovery remains the same, and working closely with a dedicated traffic accident attorney is well-advised.
The Elements of Your Traffic Accident Claim
In order to bring a successful traffic accident claim, four basic elements must be present, including:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care, and because every motorist owes everyone else on the road a serious responsibility in relation to safety, this element is generally easy to meet.
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care owed to you. This means that the other driver engaged in an unsafe, reckless, or otherwise negligent driving practice that was outside the duty of care.
- This driver’s breached responsibility was the direct cause of the traffic accident that left you injured.
- You suffered actual legal damages (or losses), which include things like property damage to your vehicle, medical expenses, lost earnings, and/or emotional and physical pain and suffering.
The Other Driver’s Negligence
Most traffic accidents hinge on driver negligence, which can take any number of dangerous shapes, including:
- Distraction – In order to drive safely, motorists must carefully train their attention on the roadway and traffic ahead. Any form of distraction can prove deadly.
- Impairment – Drunk motorists experience considerable sensory (visual), physical, and cognitive impairments that render them unfit to drive.
- Exhaustion – Drowsy drivers experience their own brand of impairment, and many of the effects mimic those experienced by drunk drivers.
- Excess Speed – Excess speed plays a primary role in far too many deadly traffic accidents.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers turn the danger up a notch or two and engage in reckless driving practices that demonstrate little concern for the safety of other motorists on the road.
You Need an Experienced Traffic Accident Attorney in Chicago in Your Corner
The accomplished traffic accident attorneys at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., in Chicago recognize the serious nature of your predicament and dedicate their impressive practice to helping clients like you prevail with compensation that covers their full range of physical, financial, and emotional damages. For more information about what we can do to help you, please don’t wait to contact us today.