Suffering an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence puts you in an especially difficult situation. The only way to fully recover for the damages you’ve suffered and to regain your health and well-being is to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. To help ensure that you do that, you’ll need an experienced injury lawyer in Chicago on your side.
While personal injury claims can include an infinite variety of physical injuries, some of the most common (and the most dangerous) include:
- Broken Bones – The pain associated with a broken bone can be debilitating, and to make matters more difficult, they are slow to heal. When the break isn’t clean – or is otherwise complicated – it can lead to surgeries and to an exhausting recovery process. When a bone fails to heal properly, it can leave the victim with chronic pain and even a permanent physical disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are typically the result of a blow to the head, and because they affect the brain, they are some of the most serious and most unpredictable injuries victims can sustain. The emotional and psychological consequences of a serious TBI can be debilitating.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are common in both traffic accidents and slip and falls, and they tend to be as painful as they are physically limiting. A spinal cord injury can happen anywhere on the spinal cord, and because all bodily motion is initiated at the spinal cord, even a minor injury can lead to a significant loss in range of motion. When the spinal cord is severed, it causes permanent paralysis and can lead to a lifetime of healthcare needs.
- Burns – Burns are common to traffic accidents, accidents on poorly maintained properties (premises liability claims), and accidents caused by defective consumer goods (product liability claims). Burns are some of the most painful injuries, and they are closely associated with extremely serious secondary health concerns that include life-threatening infections. If you suffer a serious burn on your face (or near it), it can be permanently disfiguring.
The damages associated with personal injury law range significantly across claims, but the basic categories remain the same and include:
- Costs for medical care and treatment
- The cost of lost hours on the job
- The physical and emotional toll of the associated pain and suffering
Ensuring that your injury claim incorporates your full range of damages is important to your chances of reaching a complete recovery.
An Experienced Injury Lawyer in Chicago Can Help
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you are very likely facing a complicated path forward toward recovery. The practiced injury lawyers at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., in Chicago dedicate their practice to skillfully advocating for the legal rights – and rightful compensation – of clients like you. For more information about how we can also help you, please don’t wait to contact us today.