If you’ve been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence – in any kind of accident – you’re likely facing a difficult recovery process and may not know where to turn for help. The fact is that you are entitled to compensation for the damages you’ve suffered, and an experienced Chicago injury attorney can help you obtain that compensation.
Personal injury claims can arise out of any number of accidents, but they are often associated with the following:
- Traffic accidents, such as car, truck, motorcycle, bike, scooter, and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents at restaurants, stores, and other businesses (or at private residences)
- Accidents caused by faulty or otherwise dangerous products, such as children’s toys, automobiles, and more
Your Injuries and Losses
If someone else’s negligence leaves you seriously injured in an accident, you could be facing significant damages that can include:
- Your Medical Expenses – The medical costs associated with a serious injury can include emergency care and transportation, surgery and aftercare, medical treatment and counsel from doctors and specialists, physical therapy, prescription medications, ongoing treatment for secondary health concerns, adaptive physical devices, rehabilitation, and much more. Suffice to say that your medical expenses alone can be overwhelming.
- Your Lost Wages – If you’ve suffered a serious injury, you’re very likely going to lose wages associated with time lost on the job. Depending upon your work and the kind of injury you’ve sustained, you could be facing a diminished earning capacity into your future or even an end to – or severe detour from – your chosen career path.
- Your Pain and Suffering – The physical pain associated with a physical injury can be immense, but when coupled with the attendant emotional pain and suffering related to being injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, it can be utterly overwhelming. The pain and suffering associated with your personal injury claim are real and should not be devalued.
Protecting Your Claim
Recovering for your losses in their entirety is important to your ability to make your fullest recovery, and this makes protecting your claim from the outset essential. Fortunately, there are positive steps that you can take toward that end, including:
- Work closely with an experienced Chicago injury attorney.
- Closely follow the instructions and recommendations provided to you by the medical professionals involved (not to do so sends a message that you don’t take your injuries as seriously as you purport to take them).
- Refrain from posting on social media. Insurance adjusters are adept at ferreting out incriminating subtexts from photos and narratives (whether true or not, this can hurt your case).
Discuss Your Case with an Experienced Chicago Injury Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have a difficult path toward recovery ahead of you, but the dedicated injury attorneys at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., in Chicago are here to help. Our formidable legal team is committed to fighting for you and your rights, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information today.