Injured in a Chicago car accident? You face challenges ahead in relation to addressing your physical, financial, and emotional losses and forging your fullest recovery. While you may be at an utter loss regarding the surest path forward, an experienced car accident lawyer in Chicago can help you with that.
Car accidents happen all too often, and the following statistics forwarded by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) highlight this point:
- In 2019 alone, 1,009 people lost their lives in fatal Illinois traffic accidents.
- In 2019, 39 percent of all Illinois traffic fatalities were car occupants.
- In 2019, 29 percent of those motorists who lost their lives in Illinois car accidents are estimated to have been over the legal limit for alcohol.
Car Accidents and Driver Negligence
The cause of the vast majority of car accidents on our roads is driver negligence, and the following categories of negligence account for the bulk of these accidents:
- Driver Distraction – The most dangerous distraction by far is texting, which can amount to the motorist driving blind for approximately the length of a football field every time he or she reads or writes a text.
- Driver Exhaustion – Drowsy driving is becoming a more considerable safety hazard on roadways across our nation.
- Excess Speed – Speed makes accidents far more likely, but it also greatly increases the risk that the accidents will be fatal. Speeding is one of the most dangerous and most common dangerous driving practices.
- Impairment – Drugs and alcohol impair our ability to make good decisions in the first place, but they can also diminish drivers’ cognitive, sensory, and physical abilities. The law draws a hard line when it comes to impairment behind the wheel.
- Aggression – Aggressive driving typically involves multiple dangerous driving practices in any one stretch of driving, and it is aggressive drivers’ wanton disregard for the safety of others that makes them some of the most terrifying drivers out there.
Seeking the Compensation to Which You Are Entitled
If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured, obtaining just compensation is likely critical to your ability to recover on your full array of losses, which can include all the following:
- Property damage to your car
- Medical costs that often start with emergency care and progress to surgery, hospitalization, pain management, medical treatment and procedures, rehabilitation, and much more
- Lost wages that can include losses related to your earning potential
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering that can be extremely difficult to process emotionally and to ultimately overcome
Ensuring that your car accident claim adequately represents each category of your loss is a critical element of your car accident claim.
Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Chicago Today
The very capable car accident lawyers at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., in Chicago have the experience, legal savvy, and drive to help guide your car accident claim toward a favorable resolution that supports your fullest recovery. We’re here to help, so please don’t put off contacting us for more information today.