Chicago sees more than its fair share of traffic, and dangerous car accidents happen all too often. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, seeking compensation that covers your losses is an important step in the recovery process. Because car accident claims are complicated at best, having the professional legal guidance of an experienced car accident attorney in Chicago in your corner is always in your best interest.
Common Car Accidents
Although car accidents come in far too many dangerous varieties, some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-End Accidents – Rear-end accidents are often caused when a distracted driver fails to notice that forward traffic is slowing down or coming to a stop. Rear-end accidents are as common as they are dangerous, and the term fender bender rarely suffices.
- T-Bone Accidents – T-bone accidents typically happen in intersections, and they amount to one driver barreling headlong into the side of another driver’s vehicle. These accidents are made all the more dangerous by the fact that the sides of our cars lack the buffer of a trunk in the rear or a hood in the front, and they are often the result of a dangerous combination of excess speed and driver inattention.
- Sideswipe Accidents – Sideswipe accidents happen when one motorist leaves his or her lane and swipes into the side of another vehicle. These accidents are dangerous enough in and of themselves, but they can also push the struck vehicle into oncoming traffic that causes a chain reaction of dangerous events.
- Head-On Collisions – Head-on collisions are arguably the most terrifying accidents of all, and they are just as dangerous as they are frightening. Head-on collisions are often the result of distracted, confused, and/or impaired drivers who end up driving the wrong way or who drift – or veer dangerously – out of their lanes.
Car accidents wreak serious destruction, and they are often the direct result of driver negligence, which can take any of the following life-threatening forms:
- Distraction – To drive safely, motorists have to pay attention, and distractions make this impossible. Texting is the most dangerous distraction out there.
- Impairment – Impairment behind the wheel often proves deadly.
- Exhaustion – Exhaustion can play tricks on a motorist’s ability to drive safely.
- Excess Speed – Motorists who refuse to slow down help to ensure that our roads are as dangerous as they possibly can be.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers don’t concern themselves with safety, and because they tend to engage in multiple unsafe driving practices at once, they are about as dangerous as it gets.
An Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Chicago Can Help
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, you need compensation that covers your full range of damages, and the resourceful car accident attorneys at Saks, Robinson & Rittenberg, Ltd., in Chicago are on your side and here to help. To learn more about what we can do for you, please reach out by contacting us today.